How do US citizens get a visa for Vietnam?
The US is not on the Vietnam visa exemption list, so US citizens are required to apply for a visa for any purpose such as tourism, business or study.
How do US citizens get a visa for Vietnam?
The US is not on the Vietnam visa exemption list, so US citizens are required to apply for a visa for any purpose such as tourism, business or study. So how to get Vietnam visa? How much does the visa cost? and what should be noted when applying for a Vietnam visa?
Also read: Do UK citizens need visa for Vietnam?
How to US citizens get Vietnam visa?
There are 2 ways to apply Vietnam Visa for American citizens: Apply Vietnam Visa on Arrival or apply Visa at the Vietnamese Embassy.
Apply Vietnam Visa on Arrival
For those who live far from the Vietnam Embassy in The United States of America and do not wish to send away their passport, Vietnam visa on arrival is the best choice. Instead of getting a visa directly at Vietnam Embassy, you will end up picking up your visa at one of Vietnam International Airports.
How to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival?
You apply Vietnam Visa Online in website www.vietnam-visa.org.vn by filling your necessary information in the online form. You can do it easily, simply from everywhere around the world which have Internet, Wireless 3G Mobile Connections.
Processing time: You will get a confirmation letter in 1-2 working hours to know the status of your Online Application. Normally you receive an Approval Letter within 2 working days.
In an emergency, we can proceed with your Visa from 30 minutes to 4 hours. You receive an approval letter via email before boarding the plane. As soon as arriving at the airports in Vietnam you have the stamped Visa. If you require we are ready to support you at the airport.
How about Service Fee?
Apply Visa at the Vietnamese Embassy
You must contact The Vietnam Embassy in The United States of America for the visa application (address shown below).
This way is inconvenient; we do suggest you apply visa on arrival as the best choice.
Required paperwork: American passport with at least 6 months validity, 2 passport-sized photos, stamping fees (varied from an embassy to embassy)
Processing time: 5-7 working days. But, this way is rather complicated and maybe failed because of missing passport, important documents.
On the contrary, Applying Vietnam Visa Online via our website is the best way for your intelligent choice. So Please Do Not hesitates to click here to get one or more.
Vietnamese Embassy’s addresses in your country are below:
Embassy of Vietnam in America
Address: 1233 20th St NW, Suite 400 -Washington, DC20036
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com
- Before applying for Vietnam visa, make sure your passport has a minimum 6-month validity and left pages.
- For visa on arrival option, it is applicable for those traveling by air to Vietnam.
Which way to choose to apply for a Vietnam visa
We recommend that US citizens should choose to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival because:
- Convenience: Vietnam visa on arrival can settle all of these issues. Its application requires you no travel to the embassy at all. You can apply for one right at home, in your office, or even on your way to home provided that you have an internet-connected device.
- Simplicity: you only need to visit at https://www.vietnam-visa.org.vn/apply-visa.html and fill out the online form. Pay for service fee online, and then get a visa approval letter via email within 1 or 2 working days. Get visa stamped onto passport upon arrival at Vietnam airport by showing the letter and paying for stamping fee in cash. So, it requires you no travel for visa application at all.
- Time-saving: As an application for a visa on arrival to Vietnam requires no travel at all, it absolutely saves you a lot of time to travel to the embassy, back home and then travel again.
- Cost saving: Total cost of Vietnam visa on arrival may be higher or lower than the cost of Vietnam embassy visa. But with no other fees (traveling cost, cost of days of working), Vietnam visa on arrival surely costs you less.
- Last-minute visa: Applying for Vietnam visa at Vietnam embassy or e-visa will take your time, normally 3 working days. So, in case your flight is just a few hours ahead, you cannot get the visa in those ways and of course, all your tickets will be canceled, resulting in a loss in a lot of money. But with visa on arrival, you can get the visa approval letter in even just 2 working hours, saving your trip in risk of being ruined.
For more information:
Visit us at https://www.vietnam-visa.org.vn
Hotline: +84.909.180.525 , toll-free: +1.844.839.6666.