Vietnam Electronic Visa (e-Visa Vietnam)
Online Travel Authorization Visa for Vietnam.
VIETNAM E-VISA ONLINE APPLICATION
Vietnam electronic visa for arriving by land crossing or borders.
Since February 1st 2017, the Government of Vietnam has implemented the e-Visa. The new online process simplifies the procedures to enter Vietnam by allowing travellers to apply directly online for a visa. Hence, there is no more need to apply for an “approval letter”, which require to queue, process and pay an additional stamp for “visa on arrival” once arrived to Vietnam.
What's Vietnam e-Visa?
The e-Visa is an electronic travel authorization from the Vietnam Government for up to 30 consecutive days, issued in PDF format. It is the equivalent to a visa, but no stamp or label is placed in the passport. The e-Visa is an entry requirement to travel to and within Vietnam for any of the following reasons:
- Visiting relatives/friends
- Official Visit
- Labor, Employment
- Office, Organization of Economy, Culture, Technology, Non-Government
More about Vietnam e-Visa
- The e-Visa is a single entry visa.
- The e-Visa is valid for 30 days, from the proposed date of entry indicated during the application.
- e-Visa holders may remain in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam for a maximum of 30 consecutive days after the initial entry date.
- Once the first 30 days have passed, and renewal be needed it, e-Visa holders in Vietnam may be considered to grant new visa if being invited/guaranteed by authority/organisation/individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners' entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 01 month after arrival to Vietnam and it must have at least two blank pages for the immigration and border control officer.
- Minors with their own passport must complete a full e-Visa application. Minors aged 14 and under included on their parent’s passport will have to be included on their parents e-Visa application.
- Applicants are required to carry a copy of their e-Visa at all times during their stay.
Ports of Entry
e-Visas will be accepted at all of international airports in Vietnam, including the major hubs of Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Da Nang, Can Tho City, and Phu Quoc Island. Here is a complete list of eligible port of entry:
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Phu Bai International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Cat Bi International Airport
- Nam Can Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Mong Cai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Bo Y Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
- Outside Vietnam foreigners
- Hold a valid passport
- Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners' entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
- A scanned color copy of the of the biographical page of the applicant’s current passport
Vietnam Visa Exemptions
Vietnam currently has a visa waiver program, apart from tourists visa exemptions for the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN). Vietnam also offers a 15-day visa exemptions for visitors from the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden.
Citizens from the following countries are eligible to apply online for an e-Visa.
|Timor-Leste||United Arab Emirates||United Kingdom||United States of America||Uruguay|
(*) Citizens from China must apply with a traditional passport. Chinese e-Passports cannot be used to apply for e-Visa.