Nationalities that are difficult to apply for Vietnam visa
Nowadays, more and more foreigners worldwide come to visit Vietnam, which is a hospitable and beautiful country, for various purposes. Thanks for the regulations of the Vietnam Immigration allowing those who want to enter Vietnam to get visa in easier ways. Now you can flexibly apply for either a visa with Vietnam Embassy in advance or a visa on arrival (Hyperlink) with travel agencies. As foreigners, you might be more likely to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival because of the quick and convenient process. However, the required documents for this type of visa may diversify with the nationality of citizens. For instance, Bangladeshi passport holders are required to submit a return flight ticket while Indian ones do not need. So which countries are in this special list of the Vietnam Immigration? And how citizens of those countries can obtain Vietnam visa? Please check provided information below for further information.
1. Visa application requirements
Although the Vietnam visa process is not complicated, there are some requirements that you should acknowledge before moving in applying:
- Your passports with a minimum of 6 months validity from the entry date are required. Temporary passports may be rejected.
- To fulfill the requirements of the visa procedure at Vietnam international airports, your passports should have at least 2 blank pages: 1 page for visa sticker and another for visa stamp.
2. List of special countries that are required documents to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
In accordance with the Vietnam Immigration, the countries in the special list are divided into the following 2 groups:
Group 1: Documents required
Group 2: No required documents
United Arab Emirates
Central African Republic
Guinea - Bissau
Sao Tome and Principe
3. How to get Vietnam visa
Even though documents of visa applications for these nationalities are needed tons, the visa procedure is simply the same as alternative ones. There are 2 ways for these countries to apply for Vietnam visa: apply for visas at the Vietnamese Embassy or apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
3.1. Apply for Vietnam visa at the Vietnamese embassy
Applying for Vietnam visa in person at the nearest Vietnamese Embassy (Hyperlink: https://www.vietnam-visa.org.vn/vietnam-embassies.html) of your countries can help you to obtain it in advance. Kindly be suggested that the fees and procedures vary by each Vietnamese Embassy depending on where you apply
- Required documents: For the visa procedure at the Vietnamese Embassy, you are required to submit:
- Filled application form
- Your original passport (with at least 6 - month validity)
- And others that required by the Vietnamese Embassy
- Processing time: The visa processing at the Vietnam Embassy takes 5 - 7 working days
To get the visa by this way, we highly recommend you to contact directly with the Vietnamese Embassy for further instruction.
3.2. Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival
You might likely to apply for the visa with the Vietnamese Embassy because it is reliable and reputable. However, the Vietnamese Embassy is not located in all countries in the world. For example, there is no Vietnamese Embassy in Afghanistan, so how can Afghanistan passport holders get the visa? Surely, they can go to the Vietnam Embassy in the nearest countries but isn’t its inconvenience? If you were an Afghan and wanted to visit Vietnam by air, the best way to getting Vietnam visa for you, in this case, would have been applying for Vietnam visa on arrival (Hyperlink: https://www.vietnam-visa.org.vn) For detailed information, the entire visa procedure simply has 4 steps as you can see in below:
Group 1: For required documents group
- Step 1: Filling in the secure online application form that will take you less than 5 minutes and make payment for the service charge
You are required to complete the form with the exact personal information of the applicant(s) of full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, type of visa, arrival date, etc.
- Step 2: Submitting your documents
You also need to provide us the required documents listed below:
- Passport scan (page including personal information)
- Hotel booking or staying address
- Returned flight ticket
- Visa of other countries on the same trip
- The work permit or temporary resident card (for those who are living or working abroad)
- Step 3: Get your visa approval letter and visa stamp upon your arrival
Your visa approval letter will be sent to you via email in 5 - 7 working days. After receiving it, the preparation of these documents should be done for visa procedure at Vietnam international’s airport:
- The completed entry-and-exit form
- The print visa approval letter
- 2 passport-sized photos 4x6cm
- Original passport
- Cash for stamping fee ($25 for single entry; $50 for multiple entry visa)
Visa approval letter can be used for boarding the airplane as a normal visa. To get your visa stamp, you must present all documents mentioned to the Immigration officer upon landing.
Group 2: For none required documents
If your nationality is not in one of these countries in the chart below, you will not need to submit the documents as applicants in group 1. However, you need to notice that upon arrival, the Immigration will require you to show cash or your card to make sure your balance is over $1000. You will be able to enter Vietnam if you meet this condition. Otherwise, flying back to your country is unavoidable, even you’ve got the visa approval letter in advance.
Visa on arrival
- To the countries in the special list of the Vietnam Immigration, the visa processing time is longer than the other nations.
- In some cases, the Vietnam Immigration Department will ask you to submit more documents such as your profile or police confirmation, etc.
With Vietnam visa on arrival, all you have to do is filling the online application form, making payment and submitting the required documents that take just a few minutes without traveling. Its advantages outweigh applying for the visa at Vietnamese embassy ones. Therefore, do not hesitate to apply for a visa on arrival when you plan to visit Vietnam next time.
We hope this article can help you get to know more about Vietnam visa application for special nationalities. Although lots of information of visa procedure need to be pay attention, please do not let them stop you obtaining Vietnam visa and enjoy your upcoming trip to Vietnam! Kindly leave your question in the comment section or go to our website at https://www.vietnam-visa.org.vn for further information.