Certificate of Visa Exemption for Vietnamese and Family Members (5 years visa)
Forms of Certificate of Visa Exemption
Forms of Certificate of Visa Exemption
I. The certificate of visa exemption might take the following forms:
1. A stamped certificate: A visa exemption certificate is stamped on the passports of Vietnamese nationals living abroad and foreign nationals to allow their entrance into Vietnam.
2. Detached Certificate: A visa exemption certificate issued to Vietnamese people living abroad under permanent resident’s permit granted by foreign authorities and holder of passports of foreign countries or territories with which Vietnam does not have diplomatic relations.
II. Required documents attached to application for visa exemption certificate:
1. For Vietnamese residing abroad, profile comprises:
a. 01 application form for visa exemption certificate (Fill-out the form and print with barcode on Letter-sized paper at https://mienthithucvk.mofa.gov.vn/%C4%90%C4%83ngk%C3%BD/Khaib%C3%A1otr%E1%BB%B1ctuy%E1%BA%BFn/tabid/104/Default.aspx ).
b. One recent 2 x 2 inch picture (white background, straight face, bare head, no colored glasses)
c. Foreign passports or equivalent documents with validity of at least 6 months upto date of entry. If the applicant does not have a passport, he/she must submit a permanent resident’s permit issued by US authorities with the validity of at least 6 months upto the date of entry (attached a copy for competent authority to file)
d. One of the following documents (attached copy for competent authority to file) if available:
- A certificate of Vietnamese citizenship;
- A copy or excerpt of the Decision for Recovery of Vietnamese citizenship;
- A copy or excerpt of the Decision for Renunciation of Vietnamese citizenship;
- Certificate of Lost of Vietnamese citizenship;
- A Vietnamese passport (valid or invalid)
- An Identity Card (valid or invalid)
- A Birth Certificate (Copy accepted)
- The latest voter’s card
- A Family Register Book
- A travel document issued before 1975
- An Identity Card issued before 1975
- An Excerpt from Birth Register issued before 1975
- Documents issued by competent foreign authorities if they can prove that the person in question has original Vietnamese citizenship or of Vietnamese origin.
e. In case of not having documents listed at section (d), the following documents could be submitted:
- A guarantee issued by an overseas Vietnamese association from the country of residence (in due form provided)
- A guarantee from a Vietnamese citizen (in due form provided)
The said documents do not need require further certification or verification.
2. With holders of foreign passports being wives, husbands, and children of a Vietnamese citizen or Vietnamese residing abroad, the attached file comprises of:
a. One application form for a visa exemption certificate.
b. One recent 2 x 2 inch photo (white background, straight face, bare head, without colored glasses).
c. A foreign passport with validity of at least 6 months upto date of entry (a copy attached for competent authority to file)
d. One of documents proving relationship between wives/husbands/children and the Vietnamese residing abroad (a copy attached for competent authority to file)
- Certificate of Marriage
- Certificate of Birth
- A Certificate of relationship with farther, mother, children;
- Other valid documents as regulated by the Vietnamese Law.
- Decision of Adoption
3. The re-issuance or from the second issuance of Certificate of Visa Exemption
For re-issuance of Certificate of Visa Exemption (due to the expiration or lost of the Certificate of Visa Exemption), the applicant needs to submit:
- Application Form
- Copy of the expired Certificate.
For more information, please contact our Consuls:
- Business hours: From 09:00 to 17:30, all weekdays
- Telephone: 212-644-0594, 212-644-0831; 212-644-2535;
- Fax: 212-644-5732
- Website: vietnamconsulate-ny.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 866 U.N. Plaza, Suite 428, New York, NY 10017